Hoddesdon is an historic market town in south east Hertfordshire with ancient charters granted for both a weekly market and an annual fair by Henry III in 1253. Large parts of the town form a conservation area comprising numerous beautiful, historic buildings and inns. The town centre is located close to the A10 and has good transport links, a good range of supermarkets and independent retailers and ample public parking.
Like many town centres it has struggled to maintain its identity in recent years, but through significant investment by the local Council the main High Street has been reopened to allow short stay parking for shoppers and a programme of town centre improvements have helped improve the street scene. There has also been significant redevelopment of a number of vacant sites in and around the town to provide a range of high quality commercial and residential units.
The ‘Love Hoddesdon Promotions Team’ helped secure funding under the Mary Portas initiative and is committed to ‘’Keeping the Town vibrant’’ by ensuring that it is a central hub for shopping and leisure with its independent shops, cafes, markets, national big name supermarkets and regular crowd pulling events that are staged in partnership with Broxbourne Council.
This website was developed to act as a portal for both retailers and other local interests to promote all that is good about Hoddesdon.
We Love Hoddesdon – so come and join us! Whether you are a local retailer, a local attraction/facility or simply a local resident who wants to be kept informed of what is going on in Hoddesdon then go to the ‘Join Us’ page and sign up.
The Love Hoddesdon Team is formally constituted and a copy of its constitution can be downloaded here.
Its management committee for 2015/16 is as follows:
- Chairman - Kevin Brooks, Cannon Travel
- Vice-Chairman and Events Co-ordinator - Stephen Harris, B & T Hire
- Secretary - Charlotte Nicholson, HB Accountants
- Treasurer - Tim Skelton, Skeltons Wealth Management
- Membership/Marketing Officer - Kelly Greenham, Give Your Town the Run Around
Co-opted Members (without voting rights)
- Town Centres Manager, Broxbourne Council - Tony Cox
- Elected Member, Broxbourne Borough Council - Councillor Ken Ayling
- Elected Member, Hertfordshire County Council - County Councillor Tim Hutchings